No announcement yet.

D15B build for a daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok ok, so turbos.. are awesome, it is way wicked now and I see why some of you with the higher horse power engines talk about torque steer issues, I really didn't experience it much at all with just the stock D but now if the turbo and vtec kick in I get some torque steer but its manage able, so its been road tuned and pulls great full throttle 0-60 its a rush but with the larger turbo it is great for daily driving too cause if I don't get on it it really never kicks in to hard. good lord is it fast, lovin it and got it to fit better with a different air filter so now I need a grill to replace the hacked up one I got.

Comment

• oh and the pvc held fine for 4 hours of 2k-7k full pedal pulls up and down the road no issues.

Comment

• D15B build for a daily driver

What is the horsepower with the turbo? Did driveability suffer at all with the turbo? How much faster is it and do you have increased temperatures of the engine because of the heat created by the turbo under the hood? I know I am asking a lot of questions, but I have a D15B powered mini also and am very interested in your opinion. Thank you.

Comment

• Ive been wanting to see some updates from this car and how its doing.

I myself have a turbo d16 as well and made my manifold etc.Placed it on with the stock injectors @4psi at first with a hondata s300 and it does not lean out at all.Driveability is stock like for me just a bit of a handfull in boost but im slowly sorting that out and now am creeping up with boost and installing larger injectors etc.

Hopefully he chimes in,i come on this site often looking for updates from the peoples builds that helped me a lot and i try to post my experiences as well to help give back because without this site it wouldve caused me way more trouble..and i wuldnt have known about the awesome AP 14mm clutch master lol

Comment

• Do you think it is worth wile putting the turbo on a car that is street driven only? Mine is dyno tuned with a Hondata s300 and is putting 120hp to the wheels. It is very quick and is fun to drive. Torque steer is very moderate and is only felt at full throttle acceleration. I would hate to ruin a great driving car. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by cooper1340s View Post
              Do you think it is worth wile putting the turbo on a car that is street driven only? Mine is dyno tuned with a Hondata s300 and is putting 120hp to the wheels. It is very quick and is fun to drive. Torque steer is very moderate and is only felt at full throttle acceleration. I would hate to ruin a great driving car. Thanks.

What mods do you have to put down 120? Any cams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• You sound happy with your car the way it is and the d series motors are very good strong little motors and near maintenence free.Depends what kind of driver you are amd what you want out of your car.Mine is street driven only but i like to mess around and race other cars ...

I wish i was happy with a stock motor ..its soo simple and easy..

things to think about...

Space..its a big issue with a standard round nose to get it to fit without modifying the body ,grill,etc.I managed to fit it even with an MK1 grill and didnt cut anything at all.

Cost and maintenence...it can be done fairly cheap but everything adds up.Maintenece on a turbo car,depending on if you know about them or not they will cause issues and sometimes are finicky and require a lot of maintenece until everything is right.Clutch ? Do you have a good clutch? Depending on boost levels the new power willput stress on that and even the motor depending.

You really have to weight out what you want..

Comment

• Thanks for your input. My car wound up with an especially strong JDM motor. Only mods to it are a good cold air intake and custom exhaust system. I guess it is best to leave it as it is. I also have A/C and that would complicate any turbo or SC install, since car is stock roundnose with MKI grille.

Comment

• don't know were 82mini went? maybe he acheaved and moved on.
                    I have driven d,s in civics and they are more than strong enuff for a mini car without being blown,,
                    in find turbos are all big tern out of shist instead of a smooth silant one, poop poop
                    "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tb261HwQNDQ
                    SAY WHAT YOU BELEVE,,BELEVE WHAT YOU LIKE,
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk

Comment

• Things are going well I'll try and get on here later it puts out 190 hp now

Comment

• Thought I posted all this before, I got some powder coating done, and changed out my rear end for the coil over set up.

And got 13s

Comment

• Please post some photos of the coil over rear beam fitted - what did you do to relieve the wheel well for the coil overs? How much poke have you got now and are you using standard or spacered rear drums?
                          احترام

Comment

Working...
                          X