No announcement yet.

Kiwi B series build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used demon tweaks lots, they are awesome!!

Comment

Finally get the new steering arms machined up and trailed fitted all is well. Went from a gas cut lump of 65mm steel plate to the finished product which took two attempts to get right.
      Attached Files

Comment

Finally after a lot of thought the item that I think will solve issues I've had with my big brake conversion arrived, a Kad pedal bias box, I wanted to keep the mini pedal box but I needed to be able to fit wilwood master cylinders so I can finally start to test the wilwood calipers. Having enough room anywhere has always been an issue but now this allows me to get around that.

For me Kad recommended 5/8" front master with a 7/8" rear while using 1/2" rear drum cylinders.

Comment

Kad bias pedal in all its glory and I must say nicely built
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey, Hows the build coming along?

I haven't been on here for a while, and thought I would come on, and came to find your build and here you are.

Are you still in Palmy?
            B16A2 Vtec Mini with custom subframe - On Road. My Mini Gallery. Here is my wiring Diagram - My Wiring Diagram. Here is my labelled Engine Loom - pre-Chop Engine Loom Picture

Comment

Hey James its been a very long time indeed. Yes slowly still building having to make a lot of corrections to the suspension setup along the way. Do a bit get frustrated with it so leave it and do something else. Yup I'm still in palmy, are you still in Wellys do you still have your mini?

Comment

Yep still in Wellington. Still got the mini yes
                Got it off the road today, time to give it some TLC for the month, got a few minor bits which are being naughty. Central locking no longer locking, Vtec not engaging, Clutch reservoir to master leaking, brake and fuel lines oxidizing so needing a rub down and POR15 paint, etc. Just little stuff. Otherwise going great.
                Paint is starting to spider rust in places, so need to get that sorted at some stage.
                All going well really.

Ill try and plan a visit to you in the next few months, would love to see how you are getting on.

What rear beam bar did you use by the way, in place of the subframe. Interested to do this too.
                Last edited by WanaGo; 26-06-2016, 01:13 PM.
                B16A2 Vtec Mini with custom subframe - On Road. My Mini Gallery. Here is my wiring Diagram - My Wiring Diagram. Here is my labelled Engine Loom - pre-Chop Engine Loom Picture

Comment

i purchased a force racing steel beam. it is well make with good welding. however i did have to make modifications. I modified so rather than just camber adjustment i also had toe. it didnt have mounts for solid brake to flexible hose fitting. no exhaust pipe mount. handbrake cable guides had to be cut off and spacers underneath so handbrake cable could be installed. and last it didnt have mounting for tee fitting for brake lines.

Comment

Working...
                  X