No announcement yet.

Mini30 D-SERIES 1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With no thermo surely it will take longer to reach temp? if anything will it even reach it? I would've thought its constantly cooling so no build up?

If your thermo is opening up in boiling water then its fine, even if the seals are broken then its still lettting coolant run by?
    My mini has got nothing to prove so nothing to lose

Comment

Possibly it was siezed? Was really stuck in there, maybe freed off after I took it out? i thought it would just take a while to heat up? new thermostat won't arrive for a coupple of days and Im impatient lol! want to see if the bottom hose will heat up.

Comment

Been offered a d16z6 setup with ecu for 150 local with a p28 ecu.. May just throw this in straight away so I don't need to mess about installing a Vtec head later on. Good idea?

Comment

Yes good idea great motor and the ecu. If you didn't get it send them my way.
          at Pod' ran 11.2 @ 122mph allmotor 1.5 60ft at pod. now building a mini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzbJtb_VZ9c

Comment

Good stuff will go get it tomorrow!

Comment

Way tranny you get in the now? Code.

Comment

Not sure, this engine comes with a short ratio s20 box. Not sure if it will be any good.

Comment

It should be s20 and the tranny you just got the other day should have a 3.722 fd. If you what a good tranny just put that fd in the s20 tranny from the d16z6.what on the car now.
                  Last edited by k20/k24 allmotor; 21-03-2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Will have a look when I get home, got another d16z2 box off a rover 216 gsi in the shed. Apparently the box I have at the moment is geared for 10" wheels by the previous owner but not sure if that's true as Iv never driven it lol

Comment

Rubbish photo but Iv managed to get the Honda rad in under my grit end. Still has to be properly mounted but it looks like its gonna fit just and no more!

Comment

Thats turned in quite a bit, obviously the more flat the better, but it looks deep enough you might get enough ram air to it

Cut out the driver side support on the front end and weld in a small thin rod instead, the current support might be too intrusive for the rad

Comment

Yea im hoping it gets enough air, I'd have it flat If I could but the way Iv made the frame it just won't fit at the (moment). Frame mk3 will take larger rad into account, not yet tho. Will have this on the road first.

Front end is fibreglass kam, thanks for the advise tho! Will probably be going steel front once everything is finalised and most likely I'll cut that part out.

Hopefully will have some decent progress on Friday, may have my tig up and running !

Comment

Fibreglass front? ok yeah thats makes a slight difference

See if you can cut and taper the support edge down a bit, when the grille is fixed on it will support the whole front opening anyway

Comment

Yea, will trim it down. If I'm lucky I'll get to test drive the mini on Sunday! Going to sell my 1380 to try free up some cash to get this mini finished, not even sure what it's worth these days. Has done under 8000 miles

Comment

Well another day gone, managed to decide on a radiator, went with the 3 core rad purely due to lack of space for the Honda rad. Next frame will be made to use Honda rad, managed to get new mounts and pipes made to suit the mini rad.

And it even sits facing front instead of angled so far better cooling, thermostat is finally opening, it's opening at 95 degrees tho... May be my gauge as it's and may be reading high as in using the temp sensor from the Honda and not the one that came with the guage.

What temp do your Honda engines sit at??

Really need a new front end this one is too scabby to use for anything other than mocking up

Comment

Working...
                                X