No announcement yet.

Mini30 D-SERIES 1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol you forgot about the carbon on the pistons loll.
    at Pod' ran 11.2 @ 122mph allmotor 1.5 60ft at pod. now building a mini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzbJtb_VZ9c

Comment

Iv got a fair about of de-coking to do on that engine lol!

Comment

Lol, I have a d16z6 head in the shed as I was planning on doing a mini me Vtec conversion but I just thought it would be better to get it on the road first then mess around with the vtec later.

Comment

good idea /\

which engine code do u have in the car rightnow. if its the d16a6 and the z6 head is a good combo for later after u get it running.
          Last edited by k20/k24 allmotor; 17-03-2012, 09:48 PM.

Comment

D16z2 which is the a6, seems to be a good base for Vtec conversion/ turbo applications =)

Comment

New engine mount made to help with rocking under load

Comment

Possible thermostat issues, bottom hose to the rad is stone cold, this is the one coming directly from thermostat at the back of the block. Engine is getting up to temp but rad is cold apart from top hose, will try investigate next chance I get.

Comment

you have air in the system or your thermostat is bad.

Comment

Yea, only got one bleed valve on the top pipe from the head. Tried bleeding though that but not much luck. May make up a new joining pipe at the bottom hose with a bleed secondary bleed valve. Going to replace the thermostat to eliminate it, also going to replace my fan switch at the back of the block as the fan won't kick in.

Noticed that the d15 has the switch on the thermostat cover and a blanking plate at the back of the block, think these are interchangeable as it's a bitch to get to thtat switch at the back of the block!

Comment

Your engine mount at the front is an idea but would have problem in mounting your radiator when using a standard front, i may suggest having it at the back.
                      5 speed is not an option!

Comment

Radiator fits with the mount under a std front =), small cut out required but is hidden by the grill. Have a mount like yours at the rear mini fab, Iv noticed already that this mount has stopped the rocking when reved that I had before.

Comment

Went to collect the ecu for my d15 engine tonight, mentioned my radiator issues and the guy gave me the civic rad for free! It's a bit longer than I wanted but damn it's thin! Maybe a better option going forward.

The huge fan is Going to be removed of course.

Comment

Use the A/C fan this will do the Job! It's thinner and will sure fit at the back.
                            5 speed is not an option!

Comment

Thanks mini fab will see if the guy still has it, if not I'll see if the one off my mpi rad will work. Desperate to take the thermostat out and test it! Not having the mini at my house is a pain!

Comment

New mount arrived and got the thermostat out.

Thermostat is knackered... Seal fell apart in my fingers but did open up when tested in boiling water?? Can only try running without thermostat to see if the hose will heat up and stick a new thermostat in

Comment

Working...
                                X