No announcement yet.

Mini30 D-SERIES 1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last day of my holiday working on the mini.... Finally finished all the plumbing for the cooling, had to add the expansion chamber as I forgot the mpi rad has no filler cap lol!! Fitted exhaust, battery and a new electric fan as mine has siezed solid......

Always remember to put crank pulley bolt back in before starting!! It shot off into my garage! After that was sorted, it runs!!

[url]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm154/minimad30

http://youtu.be/7vQIKBe4ukw

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7vQIKBe4ukw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Doesn't sound too good as there is barely enough fuel to keep it running but it still works!!
    Last edited by MINIMAD30; 11-03-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vQIK...ature=youtu.be

Nice one
      My mini has got nothing to prove so nothing to lose

Comment

How the *#%^ did u get it to work lol!

Comment

nice must feel good to get it running. its a major milestone.
          Tampa, Florida... Wilson Motor Works.. WMW4LIFE

Comment

Indeed! It's great to hear it fire up and actually run! Very rewarding and assuring that I can actually read a wiring diagram lol! Have to say that was the most challenging part for me, I'd rather make another frame than wiring... Hopefully will have an update tomorrow, will be taping up the loom and making up another stabiliser for the front as there is some back an forward movement on startup.

Thinking of changing the rubber bushes in the stabilisers to polybushes to reduce movement.

Comment

Originally posted by MINIMAD30 View Post
              How the *#%^ did u get it to work lol!
              Just copy/pasted your link after bringing it up, all straight forward stuff

Your rad looks like its falling down, or is your fan made out of cast iron!

Engine does sound very quiet actually

Comment

Loll Yea rad is angled down to clear the frame, cable clutch and the mpi rads vertical bottom pipe. Will probably change the radiator for something with a side exit at the bottom in the future. It is relatively quiet tbh, just struggling to stay alive with no fuel lol!

Comment

Fueling seems ok in the vid? don't seem like its struggling after you blip the throttle, just settling?

Comment

Yea it is Ok when you blip the throttle briefly but it's hard to hear it struggle in the video, its also rocking slightly as if it is going to cut out. was far better earlier as there was more fuel.

Looking at the vid has made me think I'm going to invest in one of those shiny stainless manifolds, std one looks naff..

Comment

Originally posted by MINIMAD30 View Post
                      Looking at the vid has made me think I'm going to invest in one of those shiny stainless manifolds, std one looks naff..
                      For now, if it fits and works then work with that, get the car rolling under its own power

Comment

True, I tend to go off on a tangent some times lol! Like today! Going to collect a d15z6 engine, loom etc for £50! Will be for my van or my domino ht, but I will finish this one first!

Comment

Engine collected last night, it's in bits but looks in decent condition for 50 quid!

Back on topic Iv got more fuel in the mini now, started it up and it was fine for a minute or 2 but it's missing a little at idle! Iv got a full set of other sensors so I'll try each to see if it solves the problem, will try some new ht leads etc first. Also installed the mini half of my loom.

Comment

Amazes me what you can get in the back of a minivan =)

Comment

Put that vtec head on your black. Your comp would be 11.9. And tune it, you will like it.
                              at Pod' ran 11.2 @ 122mph allmotor 1.5 60ft at pod. now building a mini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzbJtb_VZ9c

Comment

Originally posted by k20/k24 allmotor View Post
                                Put that vtec head on your black. Your comp would be 11.9. And tune it, you will like it.
                                You can not be serious

Everybody knows your comp would only be 11.6
                                Ian

Comment

Working...
                                X