• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scrivs_89
    • Dec 2008

K1100 1380 carbs?

Hi,

I am currently in the process of building my 1380 with a K1100 head on it and have come to the point of putting together a fuelling system. The main choices are obviously injection or carb; injection is quite a costly route so I had been trying to find out what carb options could be used. I have seen 16v a-series minis running twin webbers before but have had no luck finding anyone who has fitted bike carbs for this conversion (which seems strange as its a bike head).

Any and all ideas and info on carb options for me welcome

Thanks
    Andy
    Last edited by Scrivs_89; 03-11-2014, 02:26 PM.
  • Scrivs_89
    • Dec 2008

Pics currently
    Attached Files

Comment

• MiniLandy
      • Feb 2010

Injection would be the easiest to set up, but possibly the most expensive in the long run.

Carbs would be pretty straightforward to bolt on though, I conveniently have a set for sale
      Originally posted by apbellamy
      Fuck me Shaun. That actually made sense.

Comment

• Brumski
        • Jul 2008

Use the hose stubs that attach to thw head and use silicon hose to attach the carbs. The flex in the hoses should give you plenty of leeway. I've heard that Honda CBR1000 carbs are relatively close to the port spacing but never tried them myself as used the original tb's.

Comment

• Scrivs_89
          • Dec 2008

Thanks for the replies guys. I've seen that done with the silicone hoses to attach carbs before now you say. That may be the way forward; I'll have to measure up the bores and spacing of the ports to work out the best carbs.

What convenient set of carbs did you have for sale MiniLandy?

Comment

• MiniLandy
            • Feb 2010

Gsxr 600 come with a spare set, ive been using them on my 1.4 k series. Theyre in the for sale section if you want to take a look.
            Originally posted by apbellamy
            Fuck me Shaun. That actually made sense.

Comment

• l_jonez
              • Jan 2007

Having run bike carbs my advice would be to spend the extra and fit injection ( ITB's)

Comment

• Scrivs_89
                • Dec 2008

I think it may be a case of carbs now and upgrade to injection at a later date due to my budget, unless I can find a cheap ecu as I already have the ITBs.

Comment

Working...
                X