• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oz
    • Oct 2003

Quick help if possible ?

Hi

I'm looking at scissors lifts and I need to find out whether the one I am looking to buy will actually allow the car body to be lifted free of a subframe when everything is disconnected or whether the lifting part will over hang the subframe meaning it cant lift the body off the frame.

I am at work and my car is miles away locked in a garage. If any one has quick and easy access to a tape measure and a Mini Saloon would they be able to just do a quick measurement along the lower sill just under the seam from the back to the front of the flat part of the sill as this will give me an approximate measurement of the floor pan so if the lift is longer than that then the lift will foul the frame when the car is lifted. If measurement is very close then it probably would be possible to move the car slightly forward from centre to give enough clearance but if its miles out then I'm stuffed and back to the drawing board.

Cheers

Oz
    Watsons frame in a standard length front, they said it was impossible ...

Build Thread - standard length round nose B series with Watsons frame, it is possible
  • gadget555
    • Jan 2011

51"'s or 130cm from the rear tow board to the front enge of the cill where the a panel connects.

Comment

• Oz
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by gadget555 View Post
      51"'s or 130cm from the rear tow board to the front enge of the cill where the a panel connects.
      Sir, you are a gent

Thank you

Build Thread - standard length round nose B series with Watsons frame, it is possible

Comment

• Oz
        • Oct 2003

Funnily enough I remembered someone posting about getting a ramp so I did a search and found this thread :-

It had this pic that seems to show that this type of lift is longer than the floor pan of Mini so that might scupper my plans

Comment

• pompeyal
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Oz View Post
          Funnily enough I remembered someone posting about getting a ramp so I did a search and found this thread :-

It had this pic that seems to show that this type of lift is longer than the floor pan of Mini so that might scupper my plans

If you want the lift to lift the shell up from the front subframe, just don't put it over the lift that far that it will foul it, support the shell at the front of the floor pan and at the boot floor pan.
          Last edited by pompeyal; 24-03-2017, 05:51 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Working...
          X