Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • big_jim
    • Apr 2011

Quite chuffed considering, on sunday I shaved 2.5 seconds off my time from saturday...

and at the end of saturday the car was sat on top of its own drivers side wheel!

Comment

• picKup
      • Feb 2004

Please to see all of the "Lads" beat the "Dads"

Comment

• Burnard
        • Sep 2010

yerrr, im slow....

Was i the only person running road tyres btw?
        Originally posted by InstantCustard
        If the price is right and you stick to your word, I'd give you a go!

Comment

• big_jim
          • Apr 2011

I was too buddy, on Yoko a539s.

My car was in full road trim

Comment

• Andy_S
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Burnard View Post
            yerrr, im slow....

Was i the only person running road tyres btw?
            I was running A048's all day Saturday, but I've had a few years of development on the car & it's basically built for racing not road (although it's all steel panels ).

To take your lovely wee car around at a decent speed without breaking anything is a credit to the quality of your build.

Comment

• Burnard
              • Sep 2010

Thanks andy. Im just kinda anoyed it wasnt faster, the lap times were my fault, but the 65ft times dont make sence... although, i was launching in 2nd and getting loads of spin...

Comment

• big_jim
                • Apr 2011

I foun that taking it a little easier but in 1st reduced the wheel spin a little. When I was launching in 2nd I had to use more revs to stop the bogging down and I just ended up spinning the wheels.

Was an awesome weekend. Anyone else had a propper downer since?

Comment

• Andy_S
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Burnard View Post
                  Thanks andy. Im just kinda anoyed it wasnt faster, the lap times were my fault, but the 65ft times dont make sence... although, i was launching in 2nd and getting loads of spin...
                  I always go with 1st gear starts as it seems more 'normal' and easier to supress the wheelspin by keeping revs lowish and then I short shift into second. Whenever I try 2nd gear starts I make a total arse of things.

Your 2.5sec 64ft time is close to Jims (who has a similar car) so seems sensible. Probably you'd find that your overall lap times would get faster with a bit more practice, later braking & some suspension tweeks.

Comment

• Burnard
                    • Sep 2010

I might give that a try next time.

think i just need to set up my suspension its not had anything since i built it, but it doesnt torque steer at all, and tracks nice and true
                    and now i know my brakes do actually work, i might have a bit more confidence with them :P

I did really enjoy the weekend, but now im hooked and want to do more and get faster

Comment

Working...
                    X