X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thumz
    • May 2016

Newbie build advice needed

Hi guys new to the mini scene from South Africa just a little insight I initially bought my mk2(that's what I was told it is) for a run around to varsity and back however the project stalled. Now that I do have a run around, I'm planning on making the mini a street legal drag car, my initial project thoughts are sticking a 4age 16v Toyota engine in there with hopes of either turbo and/or nitrous at a future stage, but for now just letting it run N/A. At the moment the mini still has the original 850cc a series and lots of rust I have started stripping but between varsity and work only managed to get the boot, doors, bonnet, and wiring harness out, will start taking the engine out soon!!! Any advise for a newbie mini owner as to what to expect and challenges I might face? Also do the front fenders bolt on and how do I remove them? Looking forward to reading your advice and getting this mini on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Files
  • pompeyal
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Thumz View Post
    Hi guys new to the mini scene from South Africa just a little insight I initially bought my mk2(that's what I was told it is) for a run around to varsity and back however the project stalled. Now that I do have a run around, I'm planning on making the mini a street legal drag car, my initial project thoughts are sticking a 4age 16v Toyota engine in there with hopes of either turbo and/or nitrous at a future stage, but for now just letting it run N/A. At the moment the mini still has the original 850cc a series and lots of rust I have started stripping but between varsity and work only managed to get the boot, doors, bonnet, and wiring harness out, will start taking the engine out soon!!! Any advise for a newbie mini owner as to what to expect and challenges I might face? Also do the front fenders bolt on and how do I remove them? Looking forward to reading your advice and getting this mini on the road. [ATTACH]8063[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Front fenders do bolt on down through the front lip on the valance, I hope you have loads of spare cash and some very good friends in the engineering game, you will need it all, oh and time, lots of time and patience ...............Good luck...
    Last edited by pompeyal; 08-08-2016, 10:31 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Working...
    X