X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oz
    • Oct 2003

VVC Mini traveller on Car and Classic website

1964 Mini Morris Mini Traveller in Greater Manchester, United Kingdom - For Sale | Car & Classic, £8,500 A beautifully rebuilt Mini Trave...
    Watsons frame in a standard length front, they said it was impossible ...

Build Thread - standard length round nose B series with Watsons frame, it is possible
  • InstantCustard
    • Sep 2010

VVC Mini traveller on Car and Classic website

Wowzer!
    That’s one extended front!!
    Think it may be up for sale for quite some time at that price, it looks overly modified and anything like that doesn’t seem to appeal to many people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by InstantCustard; 09-03-2018, 08:27 PM.
    Originally posted by Burnard
    couldnt be bothered to stretch that far to pull it out.
    Originally posted by ardonfast
    Haz obviously don't like custard , my Mrs spits it out to!
    I love it

Comment

• Oz
      • Oct 2003

I've got a feeling Geehawk knew the guy who actually converted it. It may even have been a Mini Estate body grafted on to a Metro floorpan but I can't quite recall.

Looking at the wings and the front arches it looks like the whole of the bonnet and wings open up as one leaving the front panel in place
      Last edited by Oz; 09-03-2018, 03:14 PM.

Build Thread - standard length round nose B series with Watsons frame, it is possible

Comment

• Yellow
        • May 2009

This was at the British mini club day in January. I had a look over it and was quite clever as an engineering exercise but very quirky. Oz you're right about the bonnet/front panel arrangement. The front bulkhead looked strange, with vertically mounted brake servo, I think it had the donor car pedal box and steering column too. Access to all the bits under the bonnet was excellent. Rear subframe is metro I think. Weirdest thing is it is extended wheelbase - look at the distance between the door and the rear wheel arch - maybe to make the long front and wider track look a little less odd. Not my thing but seemed well built.

Comment

• Chris16v
          • May 2016

Sorry guys I have seen this in the flesh a few times and its a mess really in my opinion.

Comment

• CooperWorks
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Chris16v View Post
            Sorry guys I have seen this in the flesh a few times and its a mess really in my opinion.
            We spent a good 20 minutes shaking our heads at it at IMM. Had another look at it sat outside Bingley and it just looks, well, wrong.

Comment

• chabbly vvc
              • May 2011

Howwww muccchhh? Lol

Comment

• AGoaty
                • Oct 2008

I also have seen this. It's a very odd car. It was at the Wirral to Llandudno run last year.

The very long front is not to anyones taste. It has been extended in the rear quarters by about 6".

Looked a pretty straight car without rust issues. But most people, especially the Mini purist will hate it with a passion.

As for the price, there has been a lot of work gone into this and a lot of custom bits. They are obviously trying to get some of it back.

Have to say, it's not for me though, even at half that money.
                If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

• wee man
                  • Feb 2004

Mini estate crudely dropped on top of a metro. Well ruff
                  [email protected]

Comment

• ardonfast
                    • Oct 2011

64 would have a smooth roof panel , looks ok as a tool but worth 5 k tops, can't blame him though, just a bad year to ring lol
                    "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tb261HwQNDQ
                    SAY WHAT YOU BELEVE,,BELEVE WHAT YOU LIKE,
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk

Comment

• Oz
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by ardonfast View Post
                      64 would have a smooth roof panel , looks ok as a tool but worth 5 k tops, can't blame him though, just a bad year to ring lol
                      This car also has internal hinges so likely its actually a Clubbie Estate shell rather than a traveller

Comment

• Geehawk
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Oz View Post
                        I've got a feeling Geehawk knew the guy who actually converted it.
                        Not me. Never seen it before.
                        Mini T-Shirts
                        TheClubman.co.uk

Comment

• Oz
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Geehawk View Post
                          Not me. Never seen it before.
                          Ah ok. I seem to remember someone many years ago posted a pic of it in the old 16vMiniClub Album and for some reason I thought it was you but I must have been mistaken, sorry about that

Comment

• Oz
                            • Oct 2003

Sorry - it was Bassaddict, see above thread. It is an Estate on a Metro floorplan (I was starting to think I'd imagined it )

Comment

• Oz
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BassAddict View Post
                              A mate has just finished his conversion to a battered old traveller - used just about everything off the donor MGF including (aside from the engine of course!) front subframe (rear is a metro beam), full loom, wipers, wheels - floorpan is rover 100. Also lengthened the shell slightly and fitted leccy webasto. Individualised hydrolastic suspension.

Comment

Working...
                              X