X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keitht
    • Oct 2008

Honda Inner CV boots

Hi Guys, What inner CV boots are you using? Mine have failed after only about 1000 miles, You can see where they are binding.

• gazwad
    • Sep 2006

we used some mini outer boots on the inner joints - they were slightly stretched on but work well, they were the good quality ones from minispares. This is on the rover pg1 box but i'm sure the honda box has almost identical inner joints. they gave us some more clearance than the oem rover boots.
    my build: http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4887
    https://youtu.be/X7O46JmFPh0

Comment

• keitht
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by gazwad View Post
      we used some mini outer boots on the inner joints - they were slightly stretched on but work well, they were the good quality ones from minispares. This is on the rover pg1 box but i'm sure the honda box has almost identical inner joints. they gave us some more clearance than the oem rover boots.
      Thanks very much for that, the difference between knowledge and experience.

Comment

• hebby
        • Jul 2006

has anyone tried sealing boots on ? i had an audi that used to spit boots off no matter what i tried, in the end i used a two part epoxy glue, never came off after that and ive glued every pair of boots on there after, i still use the jubile clip just to be sure, if access was tight you could try without the jublie clip.

Comment

• Sleepy Stu
          • Feb 2011

Kam on here used tiger seal to secure his I believe!
          Build Diary

Comment

• hebby
            • Jul 2006

Yeah tiger seal would do it, once there in place they should t really move, it’s generally only the outer cv boots that cause any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• keitht
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by hebby View Post
              has anyone tried sealing boots on ? i had an audi that used to spit boots off no matter what i tried, in the end i used a two part epoxy glue, never came off after that and ive glued every pair of boots on there after, i still use the jubile clip just to be sure, if access was tight you could try without the jublie clip.
              This isn't the issue, mine are wearing at the corrugation to a point where they split. The boot isn't coming off the joint.

Comment

• ardonfast
                • Oct 2011

Looks like a rubbish boot , search for niapreen boots, not shure on my spelling but you will know what I meen,
                I'm confused as last I saw you was painting the floor in mini ,
                "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tb261HwQNDQ
                SAY WHAT YOU BELEVE,,BELEVE WHAT YOU LIKE,
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk

Comment

• keitht
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ardonfast View Post
                  Looks like a rubbish boot , search for niapreen boots, not shure on my spelling but you will know what I meen,
                  I'm confused as last I saw you was painting the floor in mini ,
                  Thanks very much for that I'll have a search, the car was running and driving before paint check out the thread for recent update.

Comment

• hebby
                    • Jul 2006

Is the boot to long ? You can get boots that you cut down, or maybe needs pulling apart if it’s to bunched up ?

Comment

• keitht
                      • Oct 2008

Is the boot to long ? You can get boots that you cut down, or maybe needs pulling apart if it’s to bunched up ?

I think a longer boot would work better, I tried pulling them but they go back to the grove on the drive shaft after a couple of turns. I think it's the type of rubber that's causing the issue.

Comment

• hebby
                        • Jul 2006

Yes it could be the rubber,,some people swear by the harder type, personally I prefer the softer the better.best of luck

Comment

Working...
                        X