16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > General Public Area > Other Hybrid Chat

Old 27-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #16
Skortchio

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1998
Make: Toyota
ECU: Adaptronic (Probably)

MJWJ was working on a retrofit kit for the MA/CG engines that would slip under a roundnose frame for his degree, I know he graduated and finished the project but don't know if it ever became more than that.

Buying a frame, arms etc. does look a hefty outlay in bare numbers but once you account for time spent and materials involved not to mention adjustments and revisions in making your own, often going with a proven option is worth more in terms of plug and play value - at least as far as any valver is plug and play.

Pity about the 1330 never making it very far.

Last edited by Skortchio; 27-10-2014 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Spelling.
Skortchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:28 AM   #17
M J W J

CC: 1796
Make: Vauxhall
ECU: standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skortchio View Post
MJWJ was working on a retrofit kit for the MA/CG engines that would slip under a roundnose frame for his degree, I know he graduated and finished the project but don't know if it ever became more than that.

Buying a frame, arms etc. does look a hefty outlay in bare numbers but once you account for time spent and materials involved not to mention adjustments and revisions in making your own, often going with a proven option is worth more in terms of plug and play value - at least as far as any valver is plug and play.

Pity about the 1330 never making it very far.
I've just come across this post while searching for something else.

In answer to Skortchio's question. Nothing more ever came of my frame. I have a design and the technical drawings for it but that was as far as I ever got as that was all I needed for my dissetation. Allspeed kind of beat me to it with the frame that they released hence I never bothered to continue with mine.

My frame fitted to a mini without any body modifications. It also allowed the standard exhaust manifold to be used unlike bigchief's conversions and my frame used all standard mini suspension, including the rubber cones. The only thing I never figured out was a solution to the inlet. I'd probably keep it simple and just fit bike carbs and a megajolt kit.

I may one day build a frame to my drawings just to see if I got the design right but I have other priorities at the minute.

As I have built a conversion frame for my vauxhall engine I would probably build my own again as I know what to look out for.
Old 23-01-2015, 09:02 AM   #18
666junky

I bought an allspeed frame and arms in the end... and its coming today! Currently sat by the window waiting for it to turn up. Having looked into driveshafts i think i may aswell just fork out for the allspeed versions - although their page doesnt make it clear which box they are built for. they are labelled as cg10 shafts but then under the heading of cg13 :/
666junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 12:22 PM   #19
Skortchio

CC: 1998
Make: Toyota
ECU: Adaptronic (Probably)

Exciting times! Has it arrived yet?

There's a few places locally that will cut and sleeve your shafts a lot cheaper than the Allspeed ones if you choose to go that route. They're more than up to the task for the power applied.
Otherwise I guess give AS a ring and see what they say, would hope they will know either way
Skortchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 04:30 PM   #20
KM313

I emailed Rob about the micra shafts, they're for the 22 spline micra inner cv's. I'm going to bite the bullet and order them aswell. 4 week lead time at the moment.
KM313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 06:39 PM   #21
666junky

Frame has been painted, Driveshafts will be ordered monday Exciting times!
The work put into this frame is simply amazing, its a real piece of art and i dont know why i was aprehensive about purchasing it. its awesome
666junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:42 AM   #22
Xiartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666junky View Post
Frame has been painted, Driveshafts will be ordered monday Exciting times!
The work put into this frame is simply amazing, its a real piece of art and i dont know why i was aprehensive about purchasing it. its awesome
How's the mini now? Still got the micra lump in it? Saw your car at LtoB couple years ago but not sure i've see it anywhere since planning to do a micra conversion too
Xiartin is offline   Reply With Quote