X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PHILBISHOP
    • May 2011

austin metro subframe advise

i,m fitting a back mgf frame in the front of a austin vvc powered just need alittle of advice on subframe,should a go fixed subframe mounts,ie make my own and fix to bulkhead and front.Or can use the mgf brackets on bulkhead and need to make the engine and gearbox support brackets and can incorporate the small front ones to fit on the front with them,but don't know if they have to separate from these,or can mix and match,just wondering if anyone has any advice on best way forward on these,many thanks
  • PHILBISHOP
    • May 2011

looking into it abit and looking a ed's allegro,the mounts just seem to be for road noise reduction,anyway fitting subframe and measuring looks like i can gain aleast over another inch and centralise in wheelarch use the mgf mounts on bulkhead and hard fix fronts at the front crossmember will loose itself behind front valance,hopefully happy days

Comment

• AGoaty
      • Oct 2008

I'm not sure if this is just me but I didn't reply as the comment "Austin" is a bit vague. An Austin what?

If it's an 1100 then have you seen this?

If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

• Oz
        • Oct 2003

My reading was that he was trying to fit an MGF frame and K series engine in to an old A series Metro
        Watsons frame in a standard length front, they said it was impossible ...

Build Thread - standard length round nose B series with Watsons frame, it is possible

Comment

• edk83
          • Dec 2014

I hard mounted the subframe as people seem to do that as an upgrade for track use anyway

There is a K series powered 'A series' metro turbo on ebay at the moment, not tidy but it works

Comment

Working...
          X