• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ochumi
    • Apr 2017

help Modifying intake d16a9

hi i have a standard intake manifold

and i dont want to use silicone elbow and modify the bulkhead...
    so is it posible to bend and Weld the standard intake or it´s better to use a Skunk2 D Pro Series and work with it??

thanks
    Last edited by ochumi; 18-03-2018, 07:23 PM.
  • gresh125
    • Aug 2011

intake

I have a d16z6 stock intake manifold and had succes cutting it and using the extra pieces from shortening and tightening the radius it took alot of tig welding and going back inside and using a die grinder bur to smooth everything out inside. if you have more time than money then its the way to go.

if you have the money then yes skunk 2 and some aluminum elbows and weld it up will be easier.

good luck.
    let go
    and let God

Comment

• Pete D16
      • Jan 2004

D16A9 intake

Hi, I made one manifold out of two D16A9 manifolds using the flange end of one and plenum chamber from the other, that way the two cut faces are better matched and air flow isn't so compromised at the join - and less chance of excess weld internally.

I also wedged the intake flange from the section I wasn't using to help kick the finished manifold up clear of the bulkhead, and used the longer studs
      from the redundant plenum chamber section to secure wedge and manifold together along the bottom of the modified manifold.

I also made a new support for the manifold from the two standard ones.

A lot of faffing about but worked for me.
      Pete D16

Comment

• Red Riley
        • Dec 2008

I had my D16Y8 manifold (used on my D16Z6 engine) done with extra bends added in so that at least the silicone sleeves are short and straight.

Comment

• ochumi
          • Apr 2017

Ok thanks if anybody has any picture more...
          thanks

Comment

Working...
          X