X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baz_rsp
    • Mar 2010

C20xe starter to alt wiring picture please

As title. I haven’t looked at the wiring for my mini for a few years and I’m a bit lost. Was hoping someone could share a picture of what wire goes where. I have done a search but most links/picture don’t open.

Thanks.
  • Muffyvaux
    • Jan 2009

Main thick cable from the battery to the big terminal on the starter motor. You can put a big fuse in that line if you want.
    Output from the alternator to the same big terminal on the starter motor.

Comment

• baz_rsp
      • Mar 2010

So what goes the the little terminal in the starter? You got a picture of your setup?

Comment

• Birdman
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by baz_rsp View Post
        So what goes the the little terminal in the starter? You got a picture of your setup?
        The positive to the starter solenoid that is activated by the ignition?
        Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
        (use Irish accent)

Comment

• baz_rsp
          • Mar 2010

Sorry for the late reply. I have sorted the starter problem. The car now turns over. Now my problem is the alternator. As I’m using a etb digidash I have not batt warning light that connects to the alt. So I need to know what wires go where. I rigged a light to the + on std xe alt and ign live. (Light comes on) fine. I connect battery live from starter light goes off with out cranking the engine. Check voltage across the + and d+ and getting a 2v. Is the + not meant to be a - until the engine starts?
          Last edited by baz_rsp; 20-01-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• robbob1980
            • Oct 2010

I've just had to wire up an alternator light after swapping to an acewell dash. I ran a +12v ignition switched live to one side of the light, then the other side of the light goes to the alternator warning light wire which used to go to the vauxhall clocks.

Rob

Comment

Working...
            X