Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DVO
    • Oct 2009

Some more progress: welded up under te right rear window, inner sill and under the bootlid. After that we can start straightening the car with filler. But first to the more fun part: the mechanics .

Dennis

Last edited by DVO; 24-09-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• apbellamy
      • Apr 2010

Good to see this getting fixed rather than scrapped. Unfortunately Beritone filed for bankruptcy this week.
      A closed mouth gathers no foot.
      Originally posted by ardonfast
      seat mounting should not be taken lightly, nor should a rat trying to get up your trouser leg doing 50,m,p,h, all of a suden your nUts become more important,

Comment

• DVO
        • Oct 2009

When I see what is fixed on here this is an easy project. Sentiment also got a bit in the way too

Dennis

Comment

• DVO
          • Oct 2009

In the last few weeks more welding done. The better you look the more comes up. But you have to end it somewhere.

I always took into account that every year some welding would be needed. The most important things have been done now. Only the doors need sone work, but that can be done at a later time.

Dennis
          Last edited by DVO; 24-09-2017, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• DVO
            • Oct 2009

Two year further and not much progress. In these past years bought some other doors and a brand new right hand front wing, but for the rest it is just standing there. Good thing is that my other project is on the road again and needs a bit less attention. Maybe next winter....maybe. Still love the little car though.

Dennis

Comment

• DVO
              • Oct 2009

Still not much progress after my last post, but I still did not abandon the project. I got hold of a 4WD project based on a Subaru Justy. It was started by Sebastiaan over here, but stopped because he moved on to another project.

Idea is to fit this in the Innocenti in the end. The front subframe is more or less finished. On the rear he started out with using suspension arms of a BMW E30. My idea is to use a front subframe in the back like the GTM does and hang the diff in between. This is easier and cheaper to accomplish and allows me to keep the rubber suspension.

Below some pictures (thanks to Sebastiaan).

Dennis

Last edited by DVO; 24-09-2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• DVO
                • Oct 2009

Decided to put the Mini on sale and continue with this project when it is sold. It turns out that I am more of a builder than a driver.

That is why I took the time to put all the pictures back in this topic after Photobucket screwed up. Luckily there weren't that many pictures . I am now using IMGBB by the way.

At the moment I am collecting all the parts to start building the rear subframe. Calipers, discs, etc. To be continued.

Dennis

Comment

• Phaeton
                  • Apr 2007

Too late for me as I've removed all my photos from PB but install this chrome extension & anybody who not removed them their images will be visible https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...cpkaon/related just tested it on Chrome & Ubuntu & it works

Comment

• DVO
                    • Oct 2009

Started work on the rear subframe. I got myself a front subframe and started measuring, more measuring and then some cutting. After two afternoons of work the result is as below. First picture was roughly lining things up. The next pictures how it ended up. Frame still needs some extra bracing but I am happy with the result. It ain't beautiful but it is functional.

Dennis

Comment

• cedric998
                      • Nov 2013

it does not look really bad

brgds
                      chris

Comment

• miniswift
                        • Apr 2004

Hi,

Do you know how to make a front subframe to work in the back for hand brakes?
                        I have a drawing of what you need to do if you need help, let me know.
                        Do you have drum brake front hubs, CVs?

Good to see you are doing this car up. I wanted one but you can't find one in UK.

Cheers
                        Atchi

Comment

• DVO
                          • Oct 2009

I tried to fit MGF rear brakes, but that did not work out really. Stopped messing around and bought myself some Ford Fiesta calipers. Together with a hydraulic handbrake this will be enough to get it through Dutch MOT (APK).

Curious how your set up looks Atchi, I have complete set of drumbrake calipers and shaft lieing around.

Dennis

Innocenti's are getting rare anywhere in Europe, especially the Mini based ones.
                          Last edited by DVO; 28-12-2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Phaeton
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by miniswift View Post
                            Do you know how to make a front subframe to work in the back for hand brakes?
                            If using Mini hubs with a small amount of machining you can get Golf MK2 rear calipers to fit/work

Comment

• Dennis
                              • Jul 2009

Project was started again, got hold of a set of Z-cars rear arms so abandoned the front subframe set up in the rear. Because of this I also had to switch to coilovers. Could have retained the front donuts, but decided to go for coil overs all around.

Dennis

Comment

• Dennis
                                • Jul 2009

Since I acquired the new arms a lot of work has been done and unfortunately still a lot is to be done, but we are slowly getting there. The AWD is based on a AWD system of an Subaru Justy. Friend of mine started the build and used a think U beam in the back. I decided to weld this in the back of the Innocenti and fit the beam against that U beam with bolts.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
                                X