X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulW
    • Feb 2005

I now know why the RAFMSA forum has been down for a few days. Its so they can get there story straight without anyone knowing what was really said. Also so they can change the forum rules to suit themselves.

I only wish that someone who reads this from The RAFMSA has got the balls to actually publish a trail of the thread that caused this 'mountain out of a mole hill' Anyone care to step up and tell the truth?............Biggles.....no

My membership to the RAFMSA was cancelled after a post i made on here stating that i was going to cancel it. I didn't once mention on the RAFMSA forum of my intention.

I got this:
    Good morning Paul,

The RAFMSA forum is down for maintenance at present while we decide on the way forward for it. Unfortunately if people are unable to follow the forum rules then we need to either change the rules or make it clearer to users what the rules are (the forum rules were set as an announcement). Once this is complete the forum will be made available.

I am confused regarding your membership? You have openly said that you will be cancelling your membership to the RAFMSA so I have saved you the trouble, yet it appears this isn’t the case? You have also stated that you will not be attending any Barkston Heath event under the current management (who have managed it since at least 2011), therefore I don’t understand what benefit having RAFMSA membership gives other than forum access?

Comp Sec Motor Racing (Sqn Ldr D Berris) has given direction (in the form of a statement, not a prompt for discussion) on the cessation of the RAFMSA Speed Challenge. As he has stated, this decision has not been made lightly. He is focussing his efforts on what the future holds for RAFMSA Motor Racing members. Once future activities are planned out he will release a statement in due course.

Kind Regards

Chris

C J Slator
    Sgt
    RAFMSA Membership Services Officer

And then tonight i got this:
    Gentlemen,

As an administrator of the RAFMSA forum I have disabled your accounts due to Paragraph 1 of the Forum Rules not being adhered to.

> 1. Forum Usage. Members are encouraged to use this forum for
    > the discussion of events (pre or post), ask for help, share discounts
    > and generally converse with other RAFMSA members. Threads are to be
    > kept on the relevant topic. This forum is NOT to be used for venting
    > grievances at other members or Comp Secs.

An announcement was made earlier today my Comp Sec Motor Racing which may be of interest to you:

"As of 12 Aug 14, all remaining events of the RAFMSA Speed Challenge 2014 are cancelled. The RAFMSA wishes to thank all of those who have been a part of the RAFMSA Speed Challenge over the last 11 years. Any questions relating to this notice should be addressed to the Competition Secretary for Motor Racing at [email protected].

The email account for the coordinator has now been closed.”

Kind Regards

Chris

C J Slator
    Sgt
    RAFMSA Membership Services Officer
    [email protected]

I have another email from later today where i felt slightly bullied.

Paul

Comment

• PaulW
      • Feb 2005

Shaun i have moved the last 2 posts to a new thread. Keeps it separate from this mucky one

here

Paul
      Last edited by PaulW; 12-08-2014, 09:14 PM. Reason: added link to new thread

Comment

• Andy_S
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by PaulW View Post
        I have another email from later today where i felt slightly bullied.

Paul
        Hope there weren't threats of an air strike on the burbs of Leeds ............

Sad that Barky Heath is no longer, but i can very much recommend Harewood as a jolly fun hillclimb. If my spreadsheet maths is correct then a 10 race season at Harewood would cost about the same as a 10 race season at Barky

Comment

• bill2b
          • Jun 2011

An announcement that may be of interest to you.........what a complete arse he is

Sorry folks despite all the abuse I got from you lot it looks like I was useful after all

Comment

• bill2b
            • Jun 2011

Also I just spotted that the email address to the coordinator has been closed, well I doubt very much anyone would have noticed it anyway, nobody got a reply from him. Another very unprofessional situation from our RAF organisers, imho even a standard "we have received your entry" email should have been the norm.
            Unfortunately he was too busy for that.

PW and I will be meeting with Blyton so fingers crossed we can swing something that way

Comment

• ardonfast
              • Oct 2011

Surely this flangE could be in privvy section, watch them shirtlifters
              "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tb261HwQNDQ
              SAY WHAT YOU BELEVE,,BELEVE WHAT YOU LIKE,
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk

Comment

• Andy_S
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by bill2b View Post
                PW and I will be meeting with Blyton so fingers crossed we can swing something that way
                The Blyton flat hillclimb (see how I got this one right) is a very very very fast circuit

Comment

• bill2b
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Andy_S View Post
                  The Blyton flat hillclimb (see how I got this one right) is a very very very fast circuit
                  It is a fun circuit, would be a nice transition after Barkston.
                  Are you scared of going fast Andrew?

Comment

• bill2b
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by ardonfast View Post
                    Surely this flangE could be in privvy section, watch them shirtlifters
                    Say again Shaun lol

Comment

• ardonfast
                      • Oct 2011

Thers a little ray of light eminaghting out of your trouser flys.
                      Watch out for wallace arnalds bounceing bomb, the shirtlifter can see it to,
                      Peekaboo,
                      "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tb261HwQNDQ
                      SAY WHAT YOU BELEVE,,BELEVE WHAT YOU LIKE,
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk

Comment

• Richard
                        • Oct 2003

Drop in at Blyton next Sun Bill, I,m competing and Mike is wielding the spanners for me.
                        Better still bring the Pug along and compete as there are only currently 22 entries.
                        Entry fee 2.4 Barkies (calculated without spread sheet)

Comment

• big_jim
                          • Apr 2011

My account has been disabled on the rafmsa forum now it is back up.

Does that mean I get my membership fee back?

Jim

Comment

• Andy_S
                            • Oct 2003

It is a fun circuit, would be a nice transition after Barkston.
                            Are you scared of going fast Andrew?
                            Yup, folks at Blyton can reach speeds over 120mph & then need to brake hard for corners.

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                            Drop in at Blyton next Sun Bill, I,m competing and Mike is wielding the spanners for me.
                            Better still bring the Pug along and compete as there are only currently 22 entries.
                            Entry fee 2.4 Barkies (calculated without spread sheet)

My 'spreadsheet' comment was relating to Harewood for me & Paul as we live close to the circuit. By factoring the fuel 'saving' compared to the much more expensive MSA entry fees, the need for non race B licence and BARC club membership both mathed up about the same taking Pauls van at an average of 30mpg.

If you only look at entry fees on their own MSA events are always much more expensive than Barky Heath.

Comment

• bill2b
                              • Jun 2011

Richard
                              Sorry can't make Sunday, I am booked to climb to the top of the forth bridge in Edinburgh at 1 pm, I might be able to see you from there though.
                              Have a good day

Comment

• daveyjones
                                • Jun 2010

My question is how come a moderator from another forum is taking on board what's being mentioned on this forum. What you write in this thread on this site are nothing to do with their forum at all. Strikes me as the moderators are reading what you have put on here and allowing it to contravene their rules on their forum site.

Better off out of it me thinks, walk away. Rattle & Pram come to mind..

Good luck with finding a new venue..there are more places i'm sure..
                                Last edited by daveyjones; 13-08-2014, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X