16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > 16v Mini Sprint > 16v Mini Sprint Chat

Old 13-07-2014, 07:59 PM   #46
PaulW

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1800cc
Make: Other
ECU: Megasquirt MX5 Pnp

Another top weekend of racing and banter........i didn't break the shower after all did i

Bill, Sumo, and all the marshals and safety crew did another fantastic job. We got through so many different variations of the track again and all done seamlessly.

Saturday was fantastic weather was fookin hot i can't even remember how many different track layouts we did, was it three? All finished off with the Stig challenge which was a stupid idea but only because my time was pineapple, I would like another shot next time. Saturday night was a laugh where much beer and banter was had.

I don't think that even on the track days i did as many laps as i did today. Timed runs in the morning with an hour of free play before lunch. I took a few passengers round and had some practice on my own. Another set of timed runs after lunch......rain made it interesting, thanks to Richard and Simon Wing for the help in changing wheels. More free play in the afternoon where i think i must of done at least 15 laps. Front slicks are worn again and will need replacing. 1/4 mile drag in the afternoon which i didn't do as i'm not too keen on driving in a straight line for fun but was worth it to here the V8 Ginetta Launch. Does anyone know what happened to the trick Megane that appeared to go bang on the last run?

Was sad to have Phil and Steve retire on Saturday afternoon and Richards retirement today. Stella performed faultlessly all weekend was nice to have event free weekend and long may it last. I used approx 40 litres of fuel this weekend

On a sad note the RAFMSA coordinator announced that this year will probably be the last at Barkston Heath. He made some valid points, but most of what he had to say was a complete cop out. There is a little bit of light for Barkston but i fear that we will never never hear the true reasons as to why its been wrapped up.

Please don't comment on this thread about the probable wrapping up of Barkston Heath, I've started another thread here http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35322

Paul

Last edited by PaulW; 13-07-2014 at 08:04 PM. Reason: wrong link added
PaulW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #47
steve s

Subframe: Other

[QUOTE=PaulW;347168]Another top weekend of racing and banter........i didn't break the shower after all did i

allegedly,

Bill, Sumo, and all the marshals and safety crew did another fantastic job. We got through so many different variations of the track again and all done seamlessly.

seconded,

Saturday was fantastic weather was fookin hot i can't even remember how many different track layouts we did, was it three? All finished off with the Stig challenge which was a stupid idea but only because my time was pineapple, I would like another shot next time. Saturday night was a laugh where much beer and banter was had.

Excellent day,

Was sad to have Phil and Steve retire on Saturday afternoon and Richards retirement today. Stella performed faultlessly all weekend was nice to have event free weekend and long may it last. I used approx 40 litres of fuel this weekend

Good to see you had the most reliable valver at the event

On a sad note the RAFMSA coordinator announced that this year will probably be the last at Barkston Heath. He made some valid points, but most of what he had to say was a complete cop out. There is a little bit of light for Barkston but i fear that we will never never hear the true reasons as to why its been wrapped up.

Sad days,

Please don't comment on this thread about the probable wrapping up of Barkston Heath, I've started another thread here http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35322

steve.
steve s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #48
big_jim

Which meganne was it that went bang? black one or the green one?

If it was the green one he works where I get my van MOT'd I can find out what happened.

Jim
big_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 06:34 AM   #49
PaulW

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_jim View Post
Which meganne was it that went bang? black one or the green one?

If it was the green one he works where I get my van MOT'd I can find out what happened.

Jim
It was the green one Jim. It was parked up at the end of the 1/4 mile for a long time after making some expensive noise after it launched
Old 14-07-2014, 07:29 AM   #50
bill2b

CC: 2000
ECU: unlocked one

Throttle linkage popped off, clipped back on again and he drove home a happy chappie
bill2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 09:14 AM   #51
grantham8

Default The Wings had fun too .

Quote:
Thanks for a great event.

Another Sunny day at Barkston Heath .

In fact it was too hot at times .

Thanks Gordon, Joey, Sumo and Jen, Al ,Malcolm and the other marshals who had quite a non-eventful two days (all the minis were able to drive out of the circuit ! Did I miss anyone ? ---oh Bill ---whose briefings were so clear and simple . How many practice laps and timed laps did we do ?

Anyway for Custard it was a very uneventful, problem free and very quick weekend . Simon ,Glenys and myself enjoyed Saturday even though it was a bit hectic with three driving.

Stig challenge was great to watch --- Stig had been hiding in Timing caravan and ignored everyone as he got into the metro and drove off with lots of attitude and aggression to set a time of 63.77 . Several peeps managed 65 secs but only one beat him --yes it was Simon with 63.00. Who was Stig ?

Sunday after overnight rain was a little slippy for the anticlockwise laps with rain just during the beginning of the second event practice. But it stopped and dried very quickly so that the third practice and timed runs were in the dry . And it seemed as if the track was even quicker . Ask PaulW how quick it was .

Then we finished with the 1/4 mile blast. And what a blast it was . Seeing that Ginetta off the line was brill. There was some competition in the Wing family as Glenys had a go in her MX5 . Her best was 16.2secs---fortunately mine was 16.13 secs---close but not quite Carling .

The organisation was very slick all weekend --everything seemed to go well for both days . We were treated to 5 circuits , Stig challenge , !/4 mile, and several sessions of freeplay .

Also thanks to Paul for the passenger lap ---awesome .

Terry
grantham8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #52
PaulW

Here's a test for Richard who was chief time sheet photographer for the day

Post the times up on here Richard come on its easy

Paul
Old 14-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #53
ardonfast

Subframe: AMT
Make: Vauxhall
ECU: dizzy/webers

woke up wiv me boots on and in race overalls layed in my 1/2 curry I brought back for granthem, empty 1/2 bottle of whisky,
looks like I thanked bill with a weird film, dunno why,lol
such a good bit of sport over there,
hears a vid feels faster than it looks,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk
ardonfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #54
big_jim

Was there anyone taking photos at this event?
big_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #55
bill2b

Quote:
Was there anyone taking photos at this event?
Not this time, the last bloke never came back to me. Ho hum.
Old 14-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #56
bill2b

Never even got the stub on camera, I mean the stig lol
Old 14-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #57
PaulW

Bugger we will never see him again then......or will we?
Old 14-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #58
gadget555

Subframe: Watson
CC: 1800
Make: Rover
ECU: K maps 160 Race

Thanks to Shaun for letting me share your car yesterday I had a great days driving, what a thrill after 20 odd years of not having a proper drive in a mini. It was also good to put faces to names from the forum and meeting Paul landy and Richard with their k series minis, this day has given me added gusto to make more of an effort to get mine finished ! lol, thanks to Paul for a passenger lap in his xe powered mini it was certainly an eye opener PS almost forgot to thank Paul and the crew at Barkston for the organization that goes into setting up days like this, hopefully we/someone can persuade the top brass to let you carry on or possibly find a disused one the will allow us to use some space .

Gadget
gadget555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #59
Richard

ECU: Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulW View Post
Here's a test for Richard who was chief time sheet photographer for the day

Post the times up on here Richard come on its easy

Paul
Its OK for you workers but I have only just got home
I have only got times for the first 4 events, I was so gob smacked with Terry's time on the last one I forgot to take a pic

Nice one Phil

BTW the guy who won was fastest on every round on Sat was driving a Porsche Cayman R with 14000 ceramic brake disks!!!!!
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 09:26 PM   #60
Richard

ECU: Emerald

At least no Minis had to be recovered from the track, unlike Bill's Beemer

Richard is offline   Reply With Quote