X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulW
    • Feb 2005

Barkston Heath 2014 last year of sprinting

On a sad note the RAFMSA coordinator announced that this year will probably be the last at Barkston Heath.

He made some valid points, but most of what he had to say was a complete cop out. There is a little bit of light for Barkston but i fear that we will never never hear the true reasons as to why its been wrapped up.

Please feel free to comment with your thoughts.

Paul
  • big_jim
    • Apr 2011

I'm with you paul. Think it's a bit of a cop out.

He said it was down to lack of RAF attendance, but when you asked what they were doing to up the attendance he couldn't really give an answer.

I know these events have been fought for very hard by the likes of bill and sumo, this is very very much appreciated. After all the non RAF attendance is good, not our fault the RAF's isn't.

Comment

• MattG
      Administrator
      • Sep 2003

damn it , already reserved my 40th birthday weekend at barkston with billy , guess that aint going to happen now
      Mini Restoration on YouTube, donate to club running costs : [email protected]

Comment

• apbellamy
        • Apr 2010

Bugger, finally got my car road legal and now there's no where to blow it up.
        A closed mouth gathers no foot.
        Originally posted by ardonfast
        seat mounting should not be taken lightly, nor should a rat trying to get up your trouser leg doing 50,m,p,h, all of a suden your nUts become more important,

Comment

• jimbob34
          • Oct 2012

I keep blowing mine up just before I get there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ardonfast
            • Oct 2011

Thers a few left that you can try for,
            I heard what was said at base breafe,
            Basicly this is the way I took it,
            The entrapunurs trying there hardest to keep this show on the road need 40 to 50
            Entries per meet for it to remain vaiable,
            But at this point in time it's bairly covering its self,
            With 20 folk showing up it bairly covers the base foundations + responasabilatys,
            Excluding the boys on the ground doing the graft, we no who they are and it's no joke
            But a proper job of work!!
            I've seen it and they work hard,
            So that's it in my mind,
            "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tb261HwQNDQ
            SAY WHAT YOU BELEVE,,BELEVE WHAT YOU LIKE,
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk

Comment

• bill2b
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by ardonfast View Post
              Thers a few left that you can try for,
              I heard what was said at base breafe,
              Basicly this is the way I took it,
              The entrapunurs trying there hardest to keep this show on the road need 40 to 50
              Entries per meet for it to remain vaiable,
              But at this point in time it's bairly covering its self,
              With 20 folk showing up it bairly covers the base foundations + responasabilatys,
              Excluding the boys on the ground doing the graft, we no who they are and it's no joke
              But a proper job of work!!
              I've seen it and they work hard,
              So that's it in my mind,
              Shaun
              As usual you are talking out of your arts

We always make a profit even when there is 20 drivers, Money is most definitely not the problem as it is, It would become a problem if the event was only for military and only 5 turned up (like this weekend)

The real issues it seems it that there is hardly any military members taking part, there is also lots of politics from above that we don't and will never know about. The Wing Commander in charge of the whole thing used to compete at Barkston but now wants to get rid, "he has little man syndrome" and has also ruined the Race series.
              Darren has not got the time any more (or interest it would seem imho) as for the coordinator who keeps losing paperwork and does not answer emails etc don't get me started on him.

I feel that if we had an OIC who was interested ie Andy B (white 205 GTi)
              we could carry on while he attracts people on the RAF/Army/Navy side of things, I keep hearing this 50/50 split being bandied round but its never going to happen, it would be much more reasonable to aim for 10/15 military and limit the whole event to 50 entries.
              I for one would not wish to be involved in an event which runs a few military and "some" specially selected associates, would lose the fun I think
              Bill

Comment

• MattG
                Administrator
                • Sep 2003

does it count if we all join the TA? or air cadets ?
                Mini Restoration on YouTube, donate to club running costs : [email protected]

Comment

• spNOam
                  • Sep 2007

Maybe I should have a word with HRH at Valley?
                  To insanity & beyond!!

Geoff

Comment

• ardonfast
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by PaulW View Post
                    On a sad note.

Please feel free to comment with your thoughts.

Paul
                    yes bill ,,but just said what I think I noticed, there was no knocking any person in my comment just my thoughts ,
                    are you awair of plans for a big education project and museum there
                    somewere at the airfield, just wanderd also if they plan to use the race aria for these plans, again its a qweastion that may affect the track? or not? possably,
                    "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tb261HwQNDQ
                    SAY WHAT YOU BELEVE,,BELEVE WHAT YOU LIKE,
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk

Comment

• PaulW
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ardonfast View Post
                      are you awair of plans for a big education project and museum there
                      somewere at the airfield, just wanderd also if they plan to use the race aria for these plans, again its a qweastion that may affect the track? or not? possably,
                      Where are you getting that info from?

Comment

• big_jim
                        • Apr 2011

Sure he can't tell you paul, We all know Shaun has his "secret sauces" Lol.

Comment

• bill2b
                          • Jun 2011

Grantham journal For one, hardly likely to want to build a bloody museum hidden away at the wrong side of the airfield, meaning visitors have to cross active runway to get to it, cranwell of has just stopped a load of visitors messing up his runway, it's unlikely he will want any more.
                          Anyway Shaun what has this got to do with Money or lack of?

Comment

• Miniwidow
                            • Feb 2007

Really sad to hear that Barky Heath is going to close .

Sadly good things usually come to and end but as a gesture of my gratitude for making my wonderful hubby so happy over the years I will race my MG Midget fully baps out naked at the September event. If anyone would like a passenger ride then please put forward your names on this thread.

Lets make 2014 a year to remember for everyone involved in the running of the BarkyRing.
                            Just call me 'Daisy' ;)
                            Allow Smilies No Can Upload Images for Signature No Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No BAH HUMBUG!

Comment

• richh999
                              • Nov 2010

Ah this is such a shame. Just as I'm getting to a finish as well.. I've been wanting to attend recently but new job and lack of time means I haven't been able to..

ooo, whens the September event??? I'll defs have to try to make it for that, although first 2 weeks I'm in south of France..
                              Project Coxy, Black mid-engined RWD mini. 1.8k-series.. Got the CF bug/NOS...
                              Its runnning and had a little drive. http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28324

Comment

Working...
                              X