X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AGoaty
    • Oct 2008

Adding pictures to your posts.

Once you have joined and registered you are allowed to post onto the forum.

Adding pictures to the posts is a great help but needs a web host to hold the data. I would not use photobucket as they currently don't allow file sharing without a huge fee. Flickr or imgur are good but others are available.

You will need to register on there and then upload the picture onto the site.

Once the photo is uploaded, open it.

In the links next to the picture (under the share tab in Flickr) you will see a box marked IMG or BB code (forums). Click this and it copies it.

Paste the link into a thread (it will appear as the link, not a picture).

Before you submit the post, check it's working by clicking the "preview post" box and edit as needed.

Once happy the post is correct, click the "submit post" button.

If a post needs altering, use the "edit" button rather than post up the correction in another one.

So as an example, these are my newly powder coated wheels.

Last edited by AGoaty; 05-09-2017, 03:22 PM.
    If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.
  • Oz
    • Oct 2003

I would note that it seems that the option to attach files to your posts under the "Manage Attachments" option no longer seems to work. The file appears to be being uploaded but does not show on the post, just a box with an "X" in it.

Perhaps an Admin can look in to this as it allows another option if people haven't got Photobucket etc
    Watsons frame in a standard length front, they said it was impossible ...

Build Thread - standard length round nose B series with Watsons frame, it is possible

Comment

• richie08
      • Jun 2008

Another option is to download the Tapatalk app to your Android device or iPhone, and use that app to access the forum.

That way you can simply 'attach' pictures from your phone onto the forum

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• AGoaty
        • Oct 2008

It seems that Photobucket has become a victim of the internet and now has become so full of adverts that take over it's usage.

I have now swapped the new pictures I upload to www.imgur.com but others are using www.flickr.com.

Both work in similar ways where there is a box to click which copies a link to add into a post on the forum.

Also as Richie states you can download the Tapatalk app for mobile phone use where you can post photo's from there too.
        If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

Working...
        X