X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geachy87
    • Apr 2013

K turbo Watsons frame

Had it running on a non turbo ecu but I’ve just realised the ecu I got with the engine with the kmaps tune already on it works, and still allows the immobiliser to cut the starter etc so a bit of a result considering I won the engine with turbo, all ancillaries, gearbox and mapped ecu on eBay for £200🤷🏻*♂️ Engine sounds pretty good as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• AGoaty
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by geachy87 View Post
      Had it running on a non turbo ecu but I’ve just realised the ecu I got with the engine with the kmaps tune already on it works, and still allows the immobiliser to cut the starter etc so a bit of a result considering I won the engine with turbo, all ancillaries, gearbox and mapped ecu on eBay for £200🤷🏻*♂️ Engine sounds pretty good as well

WOW! That was a bargain. Good to see this coming along. I assume that's a GT20 turbo then as fitted to the Rover 75.

What gearbox are you using, ratio set I mean. I think I'm going to get a S4 from a Freelander for mine as there could be a bit of lag so no use changing gear before full boost is achieved. Will be great on motorway too as at 3000rpm at 70 giving best mpg.
      If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

• geachy87
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by AGoaty View Post
        WOW! That was a bargain. Good to see this coming along. I assume that's a GT20 turbo then as fitted to the Rover 75.

What gearbox are you using, ratio set I mean. I think I'm going to get a S4 from a Freelander for mine as there could be a bit of lag so no use changing gear before full boost is achieved. Will be great on motorway too as at 3000rpm at 70 giving best mpg.

Aye, just the standard turbo for now as I’m sure it’ll be more than enough power to start with till I want more..

I’ve put the c6 box on it that I had on the vvc, not sure which ratios are in the box it came with, it was in a metro before, might need to open it up and see.

Are you still going ahead with Scorpion or are you putting the turbo in Phoenix?

Comment

• Mini Vlatko
          • Feb 2007

Wow!
          I so want my to do that once I turn the key!
          Awesome sound
          Quickly now, before I think it through!
          https://www.facebook.com/BrutalacGarageProjects

Comment

• AGoaty
            • Oct 2008

Are you still going ahead with Scorpion or are you putting the turbo in Phoenix?
            Basically I got stupid offers for the shell and Mini it'self. So decided to ask around about getting the welding done. I have a retired mate who has offered to take it on in his spare time. I told him it's sat there for 6 months untouched so no rush. Once that's solid again, I'll carry on based on the "no rush" theory.

You probably don't know but we (wife and I) bought a house to rent last year which took all my money. That had a big factor in giving up. Now we are seeing an income, I feel better about it although no one does this to make money.

I decided a long time ago that Phoenix was built to use, not chase power. It's been great, especially seeing so many on here chasing numbers but then months or years down the line cannot actually drive it. I commute to work, go to club runs or go on track with it. I do very little in the way of preparation. Just drive it.
            If tha does owt fo nowt, olas do it fo this 'en.

Comment

• Chris16v
              • May 2016

Well done! great reading peoples projects in the final stages

Comment

• ardonfast
                • Oct 2011

Going to be nice and snappy, close now!
                "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tb261HwQNDQ
                SAY WHAT YOU BELEVE,,BELEVE WHAT YOU LIKE,
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk

Comment

• geachy87
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by AGoaty View Post
                  Basically I got stupid offers for the shell and Mini it'self. So decided to ask around about getting the welding done. I have a retired mate who has offered to take it on in his spare time. I told him it's sat there for 6 months untouched so no rush. Once that's solid again, I'll carry on based on the "no rush" theory.

You probably don't know but we (wife and I) bought a house to rent last year which took all my money. That had a big factor in giving up. Now we are seeing an income, I feel better about it although no one does this to make money.

I decided a long time ago that Phoenix was built to use, not chase power. It's been great, especially seeing so many on here chasing numbers but then months or years down the line cannot actually drive it. I commute to work, go to club runs or go on track with it. I do very little in the way of preparation. Just drive it.
                  Looking forward to seeing progress on scorpion, I’m also working based on the “no rush” theory

Comment

• geachy87
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Chris16v View Post
                    Well done! great reading peoples projects in the final stages
                    Thanks. Slowly getting there, just hard finding the time to do anything on it just now

Comment

• geachy87
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by ardonfast View Post
                      Going to be nice and snappy, close now!
                      Think you’ll be finished yours before me at this rate, providing you don’t squash yourself trying to jack it up

Comment

• ardonfast
                        • Oct 2011

You have 2 weeks ,lol probably turn into 2 months,
                        I'm glad you noticed , I blame the frame disighner,s not 1 frame has a proper mid jack up piont,
                        "yuck ,more like a 3 r2"
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tb261HwQNDQ
                        SAY WHAT YOU BELEVE,,BELEVE WHAT YOU LIKE,
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk

Comment

• asahartz
                          • Mar 2008

Looking forward to seeing progress on scorpion, I’m also working based on the “no rush” theory
                          I've been doing that since 2013! No progress on my own cars; the children Holly and @adamb keep blocking my garage with their cars!

Comment

• geachy87
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by asahartz View Post
                            I've been doing that since 2013! No progress on my own cars; the children Holly and @adamb keep blocking my garage with their cars!
                            Mine has been sitting in the same corner at my work since 2010, my boss/dad moans at me about it taking up space on a daily basis

Comment

• geachy87
                              • Apr 2013

K turbo Watsons frame

Not done anything to this other than take photos of it.. I’ll try and get stuff done to it next week

Comment

• geachy87
                                • Apr 2013

Got my seats in this week, still need to fully weld round the spreader plates on the floor but happy I finally managed to get them both sitting in a comfortable position

Also been working on tidying up the wiring in behind the dash where the Ecu and fuse box are mounted, and I’ve fitted the lower engine steady at the rear now as well

Comment

Working...
                                X